Friday, January 19, 2007

It is first time for me to use a blog in foreign language. I used to have a blog in Chinese but I gave it up a while ago because my Chinese typing was very slow. It took a long time for me to establish it and to maintain it regularly. In a sense, having an English blog is easier because I type English much faster. Moreover, searching someone's blog can be amusing because you are looking at someone's thoughts and perspectives which can help you a lot in creating ideas during writing. As a result, your writing could be improved.
After a week in suffering from Leap program level 4, I find that weekend is the most beautiful day in the whole week. We have written 4 essays during this first week and one book review is going to be handed on next Monday. I cannot believe how terrible this Leap 4 class will be and how I am going to deal with it. I find that our Leap 4 teachers have a great different from our previous teachers. I think that they have a deep understanding in English, for example, while I had to try my best to remember the grammar rules in my previous English classes, my grammar teacher here seems to make us understand why we have to use some sort of tenses instead of just remembering it. It makes grammar more practical other than something you have to keep it in mind but you don't know how to use it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ken, don't be worry. LEAP4 is a piece of cake for u !! HoHo~ U study so hard that u certainly will pass!! Good luck!!By the way, your English blog seems good! Keep doing this and don't give up ur Chinese blog! I can't read beautiful stories since u gave up.

Scott Douglas said...

Oh no, I hope you don't feel that you have been suffering too much in LEAP 4! You know what? I think the best way to cure suffering is more homework!

Alif said...

I understand that you worry about the homework of this level. Particularly, you are much more worryiing about effective writing. Anyways, you will do well and do great!! Good luck!! Just go ahead.