Thursday, April 12, 2007

Insight from a walk


God gives me a job to do. He wants me to take a snail for a walk

I cannot walk too fast, because even though the snail tries its best to crawl,
it can only move a little. I urge it, I threaten it and I scold it, but the snail would look at me apologetically. It seems to say,

“I have already done my best!”

I pull it, I push it, I even want to kick it. The snail is injured,

it sweats, it puffs, and it crawls forward.

This is so weird, why does God want me to take a snail for a walk?

“God! Why?” I ask. But the sky is clear and quiet.

“Well, may be God is busy catching snails.” I sighed and feel defeated.

If God does not care, then why should I care?

So, I allows the snail to crawl, and I grumble behind it.

Then all of a sudden, I smell something. It is the scent of flowers. What a surprise! I do not know there is a garden in here.

I feel the breeze blowing by my side, and I do not know night wind can be so gentle.

Wait! I can hear birds singing, I can hear insects buzzing,

and I can see stars shimmering all around. Hey!

How come I never have all these experience? I suddenly realize,
this must be my own fault.

God asks me to take the snail for a walk.

Have you find your snail yet? Go for a walk sometimes and you will find something unexpected!

1 comment:

Super Saiyan said...

What is a snail?? I have no idea nd I have no time nor a mood to look it up in a dictionary. Anyways, what a good way and style of writing :P Good luck with your university life