Sunday, April 8, 2007

Interest


I remembered that when I was young, I used to look up at the sky and think. I thought that the Mother Nature was amazing. I kept thinking about the rain, the thunderstorm, the typhoon, etc. How did they all happen? Who had the power to control them? Thus, one of my interests was climate. I would surf on the Internet all day tracking the route of typhoon (you know, when we had typhoon, we didn't have to go to school). I was crazy about everything that was related to weather. I used to dream about being a meteorologist and tracked typhoons all day. However, this was not a good career path in Hong Kong. It was too hard to find a job in this field. So, I changed my mind. But, things happened for a reason. A couple weeks ago, I dropped by the library and found some used books that we could feel free to take. I checked them up and found one book. It was called “Meteorology Today”. Oh my god! The book was so interesting. I kept reading it for the whole weekend and I loved it. It even got me into taking a related class for my listening and speaking attending lecture assignment. I enjoyed the class thoroughly. I will definitely take that class as one of my options next year. I did not get a chance to study this in Hong Kong but I find it right here. I am so excited about it.

No comments: