Thursday, March 1, 2007

Mid-term

This is the second day for my mid-term exam. It means that writing and reading exams were done. I am so happy that I can still survive. In fact, this is the semester that I worry the most. By comparing this term with Leap 3, the requirement has triple and everything is getting harder. For example, typing our writing exam in the computer is not allowed. (It is hard to recognize and correct my horrible hand-writing, Pam :). SORRY) It enhances the level of difficulty because we cannot use the thesaurus in MS Word and choose the better vocabulary. We also cannot use the computer to do spell check and grammar check (honestly, I think the grammar check is a little bit stupid). However, the craziest and most difficult subject for this term is not Writing. It is Reading. The level of difficulty has increased rapidly and the length of the articles has also increased from two pages (Leap 3) to four pages. The vocabulary is much more difficult than before. We cannot pass unless we really stick on to the rules and remember everything that is taught in the class. Leap 4, indeed, is not a piece of cake. In here, I wish all of us can pass this course and finish the Leap program. Then we will have a four-month holiday before the official degree program starts in the Fall.

11 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like this semester has been really challenging, but look at the bright side . . . think of how much your English must be improving! I'm really proud of how hard you are working. Keep up the good work!

Kevin.L said...

LEAP are getting harder every semester...

EsTella said...

I agree with you: the grammer checking in the computer is so stupid!
And wish you good luck in Monday's oral interview!!

Yichen said...

When I finished my reading and listening exam, I thought I had died....
I think we should do writing exam in computers.

Steven said...

What you said in your blog is really what I want to say. After read your blog, I have to give up this great topic in my blog. Moreover, in this mid-term test, I found that, unfortunately, I lost the great insightful feeling in all my former tests. Before I finished my graduate study, I had always been really good at testing, which made me an outstanding student in china. However, I became very stupid in these tests. I am very disappointed. Maybe, I need more time to adapt to the life of a student. Actually, I have been out of the university for a long time.

Edward said...

Kenneth,

You do not have to worry about the Leap. You are an example of hard work and commitment for many of our classmates, including my self, and I am sure you will succeed this semester. As far as the hand writting concerns, well I am sure you and I are the worst. The downside of it is that trying to type better while writing the tests have taken me a lot of time on them.

Wish you the best!

Rayna said...

hi ken...
u know, i prefer typing our essays bcuz i don't like hand writing T_T
and..
also i think itz a bit harder to pass LEAP 4 than i thought.
i think ur a awesome student(u always give comments to others)
so i bet u can pass this course.
i wish i can too :D
hehehehe
byebye~

SangMin said...

Don't worry about the exam... you can pass even though this semester is really hard. you are studying hard....
Go for it, Ken... and Don't be lazy..kkk

SabRina said...

I think you have good grade in mid-term exam right?

and also hope you have great mark in final!!!!!

oh~~last thing i agree with your opinion!!!

June said...

i totally agree with you! this semester is much hard than last semester. but i believe you can pass this level at last, you english is pretty good!

Alif said...

I'm writing the comments after many days. Don't worry about the Mid-Term. I agree with Sangmin that you will finally pass the leap anyhow. I know you well since the first day of the LEAP. Don't make any questions regarding this.